Black Pepper Essential Oil (5 ml)
Black Pepper is best known as a common cooking spice that enhances the flavor of foods, but its internal and topical benefits are equally noteworthy. This essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, known for their antioxidant activity and ability to help ward off environmental and seasonal threats when used internally. Ingested Black Pepper promotes healthy circulation, but should be used with caution when applied topically due to its strong warming sensation. It can also help with the digestion of foods, making it an ideal oil to cook with and enjoy both for its flavor and internal benefits.
Aromatic Description: Hot, sharp, fruity, and spicy.
Collection Method: Steam Distillation.
Plant Part: Fruit.
- Provides antioxidant and digestive support when used internally.
- Internal use can support healthy circulation.
- Enhances food flavor.
Main Constituents: β-caryophyllene, limonene, sabinene, α-pinene, ß-Pinene, δ-3-carene.
- Create a warming, soothing massage by combining one to two drops with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil.
- Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings.
- Take one to two drops in veggie caps daily when seasonal threats are high.
- Add to meats, soups, entrees, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.