Cassia Essential Oil (15 ml)
A close relation to Cinnamon, Cassia has a strong, spicy aroma that can be used in small quantities to transform any essential oil blend. Cassia has been used for thousands of years for its many health benefits. It's one of the few essential oils mentioned in the Old Testament, noted for its unmistakable fragrance and calming aromatic properties. Cassia essential oil is a "warming" oil that helps promote a healthy immune function when ingested. Experimental research suggests that internal use of Cinnamaldehyde, a major constituent of Cassia, may support a healthy gastrointestinal tract. Cassia is a great oil to diffuse during cold months due to its warming properties and spicy scent.
Due to its caustic nature, Cassia oil should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil when applied to the skin and can be very strong when inhaled directly. When diluted and applied topically, Cassia can help soothe the body. Cassia oil can be used in cooking either as a replacement for cinnamon in pies and breads or by itself in a myriad of entrees and desserts.
Aromatic Description: Warm, spicy, and cinnamon.
Collection Method: Steam Distillation.
Plant Part: Bark.
- May promote healthy digestion when taken internally.
- Ingest to support healthy cardiovascular, metabolic, and immune function.
- Warming, uplifting aroma.
Main Constituents: Trans-cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl acetate.
- Take one to two drops in veggie capsules for added immune support.
- Combine one drop with a carrier oil and massage for a warming sensation.
- Combine one to two drops along with Lemon oil in a glass of water to support healthy digestion and metabolism.
- Diffuse three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, face, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.