Marjoram Essential Oil (15 ml)
Also known as “wintersweet” or “joy of the mountains,” Marjoram was known to the Greeks and Romans as a symbol of happiness. Marjoram has been used in culinary dishes, imparting a unique flavor to soups, stews, dressings, and sauces. In Germany, this herb is known as the “Goose Herb” for its traditional use in roasting geese. In modern applications, Marjoram oil is valued for its calming properties and its positive benefits when used during a soothing massage. It also supports both healthy cardiovascular and immune systems when ingested.
Aromatic Description: Warm, herbaceous, and woody.
Collection Method: Steam distillation.
Plant Part: Leaf.
- Adds to a soothing, calming massage.
- May promote a healthy cardiovascular system when ingested.
Main Constituents: Terpinen-4-ol, trans-sabinene hydrate, γ-terpinene.
- Apply Marjoram oil to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress.
- Apply to a fussy child’s feet prior to a nap.
- Replace Marjoram essential oil in your next recipe that calls for dried Marjoram.
- Apply Marjoram Oil to muscles before and after exercising. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- For internal use, dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
- Diffuse three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.