doTERRA Thyme Essential Oil (15 ml)
Thought to impart courage to its bearer, Thyme was given to knights and warriors before they went into battle by ladies of the Middle Ages. During this same period, Thyme was often placed beneath pillows to help promote a peaceful sleep and to ward off nightmares. The ancient Greeks used Thyme in their baths and burned it as an incense in their temples while the Egyptians used it in their traditional ceremonies. Today, Thyme is commonly used as a seasoning, but it also produces a potent essential oil that has cleansing and purifying effects for the skin; however, due to its high thymol content, Thyme oil should be diluted with a carrier oil before application. Thyme oil has specific chemistry that supports a healthy immune system.
Aromatic Description: Warm, herbaceous, floral, powdery.
Collection Method: Steam Distillation.
Plant Part: Leaf.
- Provides powerful antioxidant benefits when used internally.
- Take internally to support a healthy immune system.
- Thyme oil naturally repels insects.
Main Constituents: Thymol, paracymene.
- Add two Thyme oil drops to veggie capsules and take during winter time to support a healthy immune system, or dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
- Use Thyme oil when gardening to naturally repel insects.
- Use one to two Thyme oil drops in meat and entrée dishes to add a fresh herbal flavor.
- Dilute Thyme essential oil with a carrier oil then apply to targeted areas on the skin to purify and promote healthy-looking skin.
- Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, face, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.