Flora Swedish Bitters Alcohol-free - 3.4 oz
Flora Swedish Bitters is an alcohol-free, aqueous extract dietary supplement. Flora's Swedish Bitters is Maria's Original Formula. Maria's Formula of Swedish Bitters represents the essence of skill, knowledge and experience in producing the finest herbal bitters available. Flora has carefully selected and tested the herbs to achieve the highest quality and potency. Take before meals to stimulate the stomach to improve digestion, or after meals to relieve feelings of fullness or gas.
Our internal organs, and hence our whole system, suffer if we don't have the bitter taste element in our diet. A lack of it results in symptoms like poor digestion, fatigue, and irregularity, which can make us feel out of sorts, low in energy and sometimes just downright awful. Traditionally used to help digestion, Swedish Bitters can promote regularity, maintain and improve health, and keep energy levels up.
Something is Missing:
Did you know that we have lost our understanding of just how important the bitter taste is to our bodies? Our ancestors understood about bitter taste. By including bitter foods (mostly roots) in their diet, they maintained the balanced functioning of the digestive organs. Poor digestion, so common now, was foreign to them. Bitter foods are foreign to us. Those that do remain in our diet, such as artichokes, watercress and endive lettuce, are specialty rather than staple foods.
The Rich Taste of Bitters
Is there a way to get rich-tasting bitter flavor into our diet? Yes, through Swedish Bitters, a very special herbal elixir. The truth of Swedish Bitters lies in its rich, bitter taste and in its traditionally proven effectiveness.
What is the Benefit of Bitters?
We have 4 different types of taste buds on the surface of our tongues, to discern what is wholesome and what is not good for us. These papillae allow us to taste sour, sweet, salty, and bitter.
In our diet today, there exists almost no bitter taste, no bitter substances at all. In general, we have overloaded the sweet side and eliminated bitter foods from our diet. It is fairly obvious that a lack of bitter taste has had a dramatic effect on our metabolic system especially after a few generations.
What is the Role of Bitters and the Liver?
A bitter taste has a profound effect on your digestive system, especially the liver, the keeper of metabolic balance within the body. The liver's job is to produce fluids required for proper and complete digestion, as well as to rid your system of dangerous toxins. Even if you eat a good natural diet, artificial ingredients and chemical residues can find their way into your system. It's so important to cleanse your body of these unwanted substances as soon as possible. Our liver has several tremendous jobs to do and it needs the stimulation of bitter herbs in order to do its job properly.
- It stores usable glycogen, copper and iron to feed the cells
- It metabolizes proteins, carbohydrates, and fats
- It removes poisonous substances from the blood safely
- It is the metabolic laboratory of the body.
- It produces gall which is indispensable for the fractioning and digestion of fatty substances in our intestines as it is the most bitter liquid in our body.
- Helps those who suffer from chronic metabolic problems and digestive difficulties which lend themselves to increased tension and stress.
- Useful for people with problems of circulation, lack of physical and mental energy.
- Beneficial for people who easily get colds and infections.
- Indicated for people with allergies.
- Helpful for people who are fatigued and tire easily.
- Eases constipation and regulates bowel movements.
- Important for those who have had their gallbladder removed.
- Reduces bloating and gas.
- Laxative properties - Aloe, Rhubarb root, and Senna pods
- Stimulates gallbladder function - Aloe
- Counteracts digestive tract inflammation - Rhubarb root
- Stimulates appetite and flow of digestive juices - Angelica, Pomeranz peel, Zedvoary root, Myrrh, Anise
- Relieves flatulence and bloatedness - Fennel
- Soothes & prevents cramps, mild diuretic - Angelica root
- Promotes mucous secretions – Licorice
- In an easy-to –take liquid form
Shake well before use. Take 1 tablespoon (15 ml) up to four times a day. May be diluted with water or herbal tea.
Refrigerate after opening and use within six weeks.
|Flora - Swedish Bitters Non-Alcohol - 3.4 oz.|
|Other Ingredients: Filtered Water.|
This product contains Senna leaves. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools, or abdominal pain. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.
Security sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is missing or damaged.