ROSITA EXTRA VIRGIN COD LIVER OIL 90 SOFTGELS
Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil Softgels
- Wild caught and sustainably harvested from the Helgeland fjords of northern Norway.
- Raw and handcrafted by the Rosita family, using a rare, exclusive and generations-old cold-process extraction technique that turns to nature to separate the oil from the livers.
- Fish to fresh oil within hours!
- Packed in easy-to-take fish gelatin softgels. No fishy aftertaste.
- Convenient for travel: No refrigeration or spoon needed.
- Contains only naturally-occurring vitamin A and vitamin D in the concentration and proportion nature intended. No synthetic vitamins are added.
- Gives you 127 IU vitamin D3 per serving (3 softgels) and 1,260 IU vitamin A per serving, with some variation batch by batch, due to naturally occurring seasonal shifts.
- Gives you 143 mg EPA and 195 mg DHA per serving, along with omega 6, 7, 9 and 11 fatty acids;
- Not winterized like other oils in order to preserve full spectrum of nutritious fats and protect against oxidation.
- Made only from Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) caught by line (no nets!) in the pristine waters near Dønna, Norway.
- Created in small batches.
- No heat, bleach, solvents, mechanization, winterization or chemicals are used.
- Minimal exposure to oxygen and light and no exposure to metals.
- Each batch is tested twice for contaminants and monitored to maintain strict EU standards before being exported.
- Free of mercury, cadmium and lead.
- Should not be refrigerated in order to preserve integrity of fish gelatin softgels.
- Please note: It takes 9 softgels to give you the equivalent of one teaspoon of liquid cod liver oil. Serving size is 3 softgels.
The goodness of raw cod liver oil . . . without the mess or fishy taste!
For generations, people have depended on cod liver oil as a whole foods source of vitamins A and D as well as healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids. Cod liver oil is known to support the bones, muscles, joints, eyes and more.*
But while its health benefits are appealing, its taste can sometimes get in the way . . .
Many of our customers love the mildly fishy, buttery flavor of Rosita's Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil. But it's not for everyone. That's why we've put together these exceptional cod liver oil softgels.
Now you can nourish your body without letting the slightly fishy flavor get in the way.
Beyond convenience, here's why the cod liver oil inside each softgel is so exceptional . . .
How Rosita EVCLO Softgels are crafted
Instead of using nutrient-destroying chemicals and heat like most manufacturers, Rosita uses an ancient method that gently extracts the oil from the livers by mimicking the forces of nature. It's a method that was developed by the Viking druids and has been handed down through the generations. Rosita has continued this tradition on a small scale, compared to the big conglomerates.
First, after removing the livers from the fish, they gently expose them to near-winter conditions (like the cold waters where the fish swim). They then gently allow them to warm them up to just a bit above freezing. This gradual shift in temperature and pressure breaks down the liver cells. Within an hour or two, they release the oil with all its nutritional goodness.
In addition, tiny amounts of a carefully selected organic rosemary extract and full spectrum vitamin E is added to ensure freshness.
The oil is then purified using a natural marine material that absorbs contaminants like a magnet for easy removal. Then the oil goes through a series of paper filters. Each batch is tested twice to meet strict EU standards for export and to ensure they're free of heavy metals and contaminants.
Finally, this precious raw food is packed in fish gelatin softgels. By sealing the oil off from exposure to oxygen, the softgels protect the cod liver oil from oxidation. Oxidation cannot occur without oxygen - even when shipped or stored in extreme heat.
How the cod liver oil in EVCLO softgels differs from most other brands
- No heat: Our oil is raw and never exceeds room temperature! Every other cod liver oil manufacturer uses heat multiple times in excess of 300°. Even "cold-processed" cod liver oil gets superheated during molecular distillation and deodorization.
- No chemicals: Rosita does not bleach or deodorize the cod liver oil.
- Exposure to light and air is minimal: All work is done in a cool, dimly lit facility.
- No metal ever touches the livers or the oil: As reactive metals can accelerate oxidation, even the knives used to harvest the livers are ceramic.
- Not winterized: Most cod liver oil is "winterized", an industrial term that takes the oil to well below freezing to remove saturated fats, waxes and stearins that will solidify as it cools. Without winterization, Rosita oil keeps the full spectrum of nutritious fats and is better protected against oxidation.
- And it's not fermented: With fermented cod liver oil, the oil is released after the livers have decomposed over a 6-month period. Rosita EVCLO is raw, fresh and produced within hours of catching the wild Atlantic cod.
Every step in how Rosita's cod liver oil is produced has been meticulously developed to minimize damage to cod liver oil's precious nutrient cargo.
Rosita's carefully handcrafted raw and minimally processed cod liver oil has astounded marine oil experts with its exceptional quality and freshness.
Each batch consistently shines.
But that's not all . . .
Rosita goes beyond sustainability: They are the fishermen
To make good cod liver oil, you need to start with good healthy livers, harvested from good healthy fish, fished from good, clean waters.
And the only way you can do this is to know the fishermen who start the whole process.
Every liver that is used in Rosita Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil is harvested from fish the Rosita team catches themselves in the pristine waters of the Helgeland coast of northern Norway.
- They come from a long line of fisherman!
- They use only their own small fishing boats.
- They inspect every liver for health and plumpness.
- Every fisherman who fishes is part of the Rosita "family."
- And every fisherman fishing for Rosita uses only lines – no nets.
Rosita doesn't make mass purchases from anonymous fishing fleets that have some industry created marine fishing counsel monitoring their activities. No. Just like when you know your farmer, you know where your food is coming from and how it's processed.
Rosita knows the fishermen as the fishermen are part of Rosita.
And every Rosita fisherman loves the pristine waters they fish in with all their heart, which have been near their homes for generations. Fishing sustainably is not just an idea. It's a way of life.
Further, when the Rosita fishermen return from each trip, they inspect each fish and liver individually. The livers are removed with a ceramic blade (not metal), and then quickly moved to the crafting facility overlooking the chilly waters, where the cod liver oil is made in small batches within hours.