Mad Hippie AHA Exfoliating Peel (1.02 fl oz)
Formerly Exfoliating Serum
Mother Nature & modern science unite to kick discoloration and wrinkles to the curb in our peptide + alpha hydroxy acid-based serum! Shed dull skin and discoloration to reveal brighter, smoother-looking skin.
Contains sixteen actives, including alpha hydroxy acids, apple stem cells, and Gigawhite. Apple stem cells come from the rare Swiss apple tree and have powerful antioxidant and skin-rejuvenating properties. Gigawhite, a natural blend of six organically grown alpine plants, brightens and smooths the complexion.
- Glycolic Acid – Derived from sugar cane and regarded as the most effective of the alpha hydroxy acid family due to its smaller molecular size, glycolic acid is amazing at exfoliating, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration & age spots.
- Lactic Acid – Derived from fermented beet sugar & another member of the alpha hydroxy acid family, lactic acid exfoliates, reducing the appearance of wrinkles & discoloration while hydrating & moisturizing.
- Apple Stem Cells (PhytoCellTec®) – Works to reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Gigawhite – A radiance-boosting blend of 6 organically grown alpine plants that reduce the appearance of skin discoloration.
- Matrixyl Synthe '6 – Advanced peptide with skin-rejuvenating benefits.
- Sodium Hyaluronate – The salt of hyaluronic acid (HA), sodium hyaluronate, has shown better skin penetrating capabilities than HA alone. Works to moisturize the skin while reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- White Tea – Delicately harvested new-growth tea leaves rich in antioxidants.
- Goji Berry – Super-antioxidant berry rich in amino acids, minerals, beta carotene, and vitamins C, E, B1, B2 & B6.
- Ceramide – Provides a thin, lipid layer over the skin that aids moisture retention.
- Helps reveal brighter, smoother-looking skin
- Contains powerful antioxidant and skin-rejuvenating properties
- Helps brighten and smooth the complexion
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Isomalt, Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate Acid), Gigawhite (Aqua, Glycerin, Malva Sylvestris (mallow) Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Veronica Officinalis Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract), Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glycerin, Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Matrixyl Synthe' 6 (Peptide: Glycerin - Aqua - Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin - Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38), Niacinamide, White Tea Extract (Camelia Sinensis), Goji Berry Extract (Lycium Barbarum), Methyl Cellulose, Melatonin, Caffeine, Biotin, Ceramide 3, Squalane (Vegan), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Potassium Citrate
Massage into skin after cleansing at night.
Should I wash this off?
It is recommended to apply the Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum to clean skin and leave it on overnight.
Can I layer this with the Vitamin A Serum?
Mixing retinoids with alpha-hydroxy acids can irritate many people as both ingredients essentially exfoliate the skin. It is usually recommended to alternate the use of vitamin A (such as retinoids) with alpha-hydroxy acids at night rather than layering the products.
Can I layer this with the Vitamin C Serum?
The Exfoliating Serum is a nighttime serum, and because of the low pH, it should not be used in combination with the Vitamin C Serum. It is recommended to use the Vitamin C Serum in the morning and the Exfoliating Serum at night.
What is the percentage of alpha-hydroxy acids in the Exfoliating Serum?
This Exfoliating Serum contains 10% alpha hydroxy acids (9% glycolic and 1% lactic acids) and a pH of around 4.0 for a gentle exfoliation process.
How much am I supposed to use?
Using a dime-sized amount of Exfoliating Serum is recommended, which is usually enough to cover the face and neck.
Can I wear this during the day?
Anytime you exfoliate (whether it is with a scrub, alpha hydroxy acids, a cleansing brush, etc.), you should be extra diligent about protecting your skin from the sun as you are revealing new skin cells that are more susceptible to damage. We recommend either our Exfoliating Serum be used at night and sunscreen and a hat be used during the day to protect the skin.
Can I use a moisturizer with this?
This serum can be used alone or followed with a moisturizer. Suppose you do decide to follow it with a moisturizer or oil. In that case, it is recommended to wait 5-10 minutes before applying your moisturizer as this is a low pH serum and the low pH helps the exfoliation process.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.