Berkey PF-2 Fluoride & Arsenic Reduction Elements
The PF-2 is for use with Black Berkey Purifiers. If you use ceramic filters, you will need the PF-4 *** PF-2 reduction elements are designed for use in conjunction with Black Berkey water purification elements to adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water. Fluoride, Arsenic V, and pre oxidized Arsenic III. Plus other residual heavy metal ions. Under normal conditions it is recommended that each set of two PF-2 elements be replaced after 1,000 gallons.
- The Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements adsorb the following unwanted elements found in drinking water:
- Fluoride: Sodium Fluoride, Sodium Fluorosilicate, Fluorosilicic Acid (aka Hydrofluorosilic Acid)
- Arsenic: V and pre-oxidized Arsenic III
- Other residual heavy metal ions
- Made from safe, non-leaching Polypropolene #5 that is BPA-free
Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements are designed to be used in conjunction with the Black Berkey Purification Elements only. Attach to the bottom of the Black Berkey Purification Elements and sit in the lower chamber of the Berkey unit. Number of Berkey PF-2™ Elements in the bottom chamber must match the number of Black Berkey Purification Elements in the top chamber; for example, 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements would require 4 PF-2 Filters.
How to Purge Filters:
- With blue caps in place remove the stickers and wash the exterior of each Berkey PF-2™ element with mild dish soap.
- With clean hands, remove both blue caps from each end of each Berkey PF-2™ filter element.
- Place the rubber-purging button (tan colored) onto one end of a Berkey PF-2™ element and align the hole in the button with the hole in the Berkey PF-2™ element.
- Press the purging button up against a sink faucet so that the purging buttoncreates a seal between the faucet and the Berkey PF-2™ element.
- While holding the purging button against faucet, turn on the COLD water gently, allowing water to fill the cavity of the Berkey PF-2™ element and discharge from the opposite end. Allow water to discharge for at least 20 seconds or until water runs clear whichever is longer. If residue is still present, please repeat the process until the water runs clear. Hint: Place thumb on top of faucet to apply pressure and create a better seal.
- Turn the Berkey PF-2™ element the other direction and purge the other end repeating steps 3-5. The element has now been successfully purged.
- Purge each additional Berkey PF-2™ element repeating steps 3-6.
How to Install:
- Remove upper chamber from filtration system and place it upside down on a counter so that the stems of the Black Berkey® purification elements are facing upward.
- With the water flow-arrow pointing away from the upper chamber (the Berkey PF-2™ elements have threads on one end only)screw the Berkey PF-2™ elements onto the stems of each (already primed) Black Berkey® element eight full revolutions. Notes: a) Do not screw on more than eight revolutions as this may damage the internal media screen. b) The flow arrow should point away from upper reservoir).
- Replace the upper reservoir onto the lower reservoir (the Berkey PF-2™’s should now be hanging inside the lower reservoir). Fill the upper reservoir with water and let it drain into the lower reservoir. When the lower reservoir is full, discard the first batch of water, which may contain residual process dust. Your purification system is now ready for use.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.