Black Berkey Purification Elements (2 each)
Black Berkey® purifier elements are the world's most powerful gravity filtering solution, certified to eliminate pathogenic bacteria to the EPA's "7 Log" purification standard of 99.99999% reduction. Elements are easily cleanable with a Scotch Brite® pad under running water, and each element will purify up to 3000 gallons of water (6000 gallons per set of two.) The Black Berkey filter formulation has been tested by state & EPA accredited laboratories.
The media within Black Berkey® elements removes contaminants by a surface phenomenon called adsorption, the molecular attraction of substances to the surface of the media. The exclusive purification elements are also impregnated with proprietary media that promote ionic absorption of pollutants within the micro-porous elements. A key reason Berkey systems are so effective in removing contaminants from water is their long contact period. Most systems blast water through their filters at high pressure, which limits contact with their filter media to only a fraction of a second. Water molecules passing through the revolutionary micro-porous structure of the Black Berkey purification elements are drawn gently by gravity and remain in contact with the trapping media for several minutes. This multiplies the Black Berkey filter media's ability to capture contaminants.
- Black Berkey® Purification Elements are the leader in gravity-fed water purification, backed by independent testing
- The Black Berkey® Purification Element formulation has been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53
- Installs in the upper chamber of any Berkey system. Elements can also be used to upgrade most other gravity-fed water filter systems
- Durability: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
- Re-cleanable and self-sterilizing during the life of the element
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.