Lemongrass Essential Oil (15 ml)
A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. In addition to its unique flavor, Lemongrass essential oil promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems when ingested. Lemongrass oil also purifying and toning to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. Lemongrass essential oil has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook.
Aromatic Description: Citrus, herbaceous, and smoky.
Collection Method: Steam distillation.
Plant Part: Leaf.
- Supports healthy digestion when taken in a capsule.
- Combine with a carrier oil for soothing massage.
- Apply diluted after a long run for a refreshing feeling.
Main Constituents: Geranial, neral, Geraniol.
- Combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and Lemongrass oil for a massage after a hard workout.
- Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Dilute Lemongrass oil, then rub or spritz on skin before going outside to naturally repels insects.
- Diffuse three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- For internal use, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.