dōTERRA Geranium Essential Oil (15 ml)
A member of the Pelargonium genus of flower species, geraniums are grown for their beauty and as a staple of the perfume industry. While there are over 200 different varieties of Pelargonium flowers, only a few are used as essential oils. Uses of Geranium essential oil date back to ancient Egypt when Egyptians used Geranium oil to beautify skin and for other benefits. In the Victorian era, fresh geranium leaves were placed at formal dining tables as decorative pieces and to be consumed as a fresh sprig if desired; in fact, the edible leaves and flowers of the plant are often used in desserts, cakes, jellies, and teas. As an essential oil, Geranium has been used to promote the appearance of clear skin and healthy hair—making it ideal for skin and hair care products. It also helps calm nerves and lessen feelings of stress. Geranium is also known to naturally repel insects.
Aromatic Description: Herbaceous, green, floral, sweet, and dry.
Collection Method: Steam Distillation.
Plant Part: Whole plant.
- Promotes the appearance of clear, healthy skin.
- Naturally repels insects.
- Gives hair a vibrant, healthy glow.
Main Constituents: Citronellol, citronellyl formate, geraniol.
- Use in an aromatherapy steam facial to beautify skin.
- Add a drop to your moisturizer for a smoothing effect.
- Geranium is great for both dry and oily hair. Apply a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner bottle, or make your own deep hair conditioner.
- Diffuse aromatically for a calming effect.
- For internal use, dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.