Ginger Essential Oil (15 ml)
Newly sourced from Madagascar, doTERRA Ginger essential oil is derived from the fresh rhizome of the ginger plant—the subterranean stalk of a plant that shoots out the root system. A featured ingredient in many Asian dishes, Ginger oil has a hot, fragrant flavor when used as a kitchen spice. In Western tradition, Ginger is most often used in sweets—gingerbread and ginger snaps being two examples. Internal use of Ginger oil is best known as a digestive aid and for helping to ease occasional indigestion and nausea. Ginger essential oil can also be applied topically or inhaled for a soothing aroma.
Aromatic Description: Hot and spicy.
Collection Method: Steam distillation.
Plant Part: Root.
- Internal use may help support healthy digestion.
- Known as an internal use digestive aid to help ease occasional indigestion and nausea.
- Soothing and calming aroma.
Main Constituents: α-zingiberene, beta-sesquiphellandrene.
- During a long car ride, diffuse or place a drop of Ginger oil in the palm of your hand and inhale.
- Apply over lower abdomen for a soothing massage. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Use Ginger essential oil in your favorite sweet and savory dishes.
- For internal use, dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.