doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil (15 ml)
The peppermint plant is a hybrid of water mint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linnaeus in 1753. A high menthol content—like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil—distinguishes the best quality Peppermint oil from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint oil also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function when taken internally. Peppermint oil continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among doTERRA essential oils.
Aromatic Description: Minty, fresh, herbaceous.
Collection Method: Steam Distillation.
Plant Part: Whole Plant.
- When ingested, Peppermint essential oil promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing.
- Peppermint oil promotes digestive health when taken internally.
- Repels bugs naturally.
Main Constituents: Menthol, menthone, eucalyptol.
- Use a drop of Peppermint oil with Lemon oil in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Take one to two drops of Peppermint essential oil in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset, or dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop of Peppermint essential oil in the palm of hand with one drop Wild Orange oil and one drop Frankincense oil and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
- Apply one to two drops topically to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Precautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or health condition.